Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a really nice twist on the same old holiday sweet potato dish. Lemon extract is the critical ingredient to making this a standout recipe. I found a similar recipe on recipesource.com and made several edits to come up with this little beauty!
- Peel sweet potatoes and rinse with water.
- Boil sweet potatoes in water until they are fork-tender (approx. 20-30 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drain sweet potatoes and return to pot they were boiled in.
- Mash sweet potatoes with butter and eggs.
- Add all remaining ingredients except marshmallows.
- Beat with mixer until smooth.
- Spoon into buttered casserole and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Add mini marshmallows on top.
- Bake for 5 more minutes or until marshmallows are lightly browned.
These are the best sweet potatoes I've ever had! I couldn't really taste the lemon, though. I think the cinnamon is what makes the difference. Defintely a new Christmas tradition for my family. :) Thanks!