Recipe by **Jubes**
A Greek style recipe from Super Food Ideas magazine
Top Review by Studentchef
I've always wanted to know what Haloumi cheese tasted like, and now that I know, I enjoy it very much. I never had cheese of any kind fried, but with everything else that went along with it, it was really good. Since it is a mild cheese, it went well with the chilies.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 180 g tsps halloumi cheese, sliced
- 2 small red birdseye chilies, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons drained baby capers
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 80 g mixed lettuce leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook haloumi, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer the haloumi to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in pan. Add chilli and capers. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until capers are heated through and chilli is golden. Add rind. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in juice. Bring to a simmer.
- Arrange haloumi and lettuce on a serving plate.
- Drizzle with hot lemon mixture. Season with pepper. Serve immediately.