Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A Greek style recipe from Super Food Ideas magazine
Make and share this Lemon Haloumi With Fried Capers recipe from Food.com.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook haloumi, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer the haloumi to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in pan. Add chilli and capers. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until capers are heated through and chilli is golden. Add rind. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in juice. Bring to a simmer.
- Arrange haloumi and lettuce on a serving plate.
- Drizzle with hot lemon mixture. Season with pepper. Serve immediately.
I've always wanted to know what Haloumi cheese tasted like, and now that I know, I enjoy it very much. I never had cheese of any kind fried, but with everything else that went along with it, it was really good. Since it is a mild cheese, it went well with the chilies.
I prepared these little slices of heaven and served them on crostini, minus the lettuce. Just wonderful! This makes a wonderful appetizer. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Yummy! Yummy!! We love haloumi in any form and this was very nice indeed. Especially loved the little jolts of heat provided by the fresh chili (not so common here).