Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from the deli ladies at my local Meijer store, then tweaked it a little bit. It's to die for! I'm a real lemon freak, and this easy recipe makes my tastebuds quite happy...(NOTE: Cooking time is chill time.)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, grilled and sliced. (I often use Tyson frozen grilled fajita chicken, cooked, for the sake of simplicity.)
- 1 (10 ounce) package bow tie pasta, cooked, drained and lightly buttered (approx. 4 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and coursely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- white pepper, to taste
- In small bowl, combine dijon mustard, olive oil and lemon juice.
- In large bowl, mix together cooked pasta, red bell pepper, chopped parsley and sliced grilled chicken. Toss well. Season with salt and pepper and toss again.
- Stir dressing and pour over pasta mixture, tossing to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
This salad just hits the spot on a particularly hot summer day. I love the mix of flavors with the mustard and the lemon. I used macaroni instead of bowties, but I'm sure the taste would be the same. I also did not butter the pasta, because I didn't notice that instruction until re-reading the recipe just now. Nevertheless, my omission didn't detract from the obvious: this is a real winner!