Prep 8 hrs
Cook 50 mins
Plan ahead the chicken needs to marinate for 8 hours.
- 8 chicken pieces
- seasoning salt (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 10 tablespoons oil (1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (can use 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper (or use black pepper)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- In a bowl whisk together all the marinade ingredients (adding in the onions after mixing).
- Place marinade in a large resealable plastic bag (reserve 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the marinade and refrigerate to baste the chicken with while cooking).
- Add in chicken pieces, turn bag to coat.
- Refrigerate for of 8-10 hours turning occasionally.
- Set grill to medium heat.
- Remove the chicken and discard marinade.
- Place the chicken on the grill and sprinkle lightly with more seasoned salt and lemon pepper or black pepper if desired.
- Cook chicken pieces for about 45 minutes or until cooked through basting with reserved marinade every 10 minutes.