Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe in a Pampered Chef book. This is really good. My family really loves this.
Make and share this Lemon Greek Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons lemons, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 -3 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium baking potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 8 ounces fresh whole mushrooms
- 4 bone in chicken breast halves or 2 1⁄2-3 lbs chicken, cut up
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine lemon zest, juice and oil.
- Press in garlic, add oregano, salt and black pepper; set aside.
- In a ziplock bag toss all the vegetables in 1/2 of the lemon juice mixture and layer on the bottom of a baking pan.
- Place chicken on top of vegetables; brush with remaining lemon juice mixture.
- Bake 1 hour or until chicken is no longer pink in the center, brushing chicken and vegetables with pan juices several times throughout the baking time.
- Note: I make a little extra lemon juice mixture to make it even zestier.
I love this recipe. Since I am making it tonight I thought I would check to see if it was posted or not. My Pampered Chef book ~Stoneware Sensations~ calls for 1/4 C lemon juice. Is this a typo or does your PC recipe call for more lemon juice? Possibly there are two different printings of this recipe? I like to shred some fresh parmesan cheese on this during the last 10 minutes of baking. Great dish, glad you posted it.
Good! Just received a covered baker as a gift and have been busy putting it to good use. This was the first recipe I made. Used multicolored fingerling potatoes because that's what I had, but chunks of russet or red potatoes would be good. Next time I'd skin the chicken before baking. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This was great. I added a zucchini, cut in large chunks, and used small red potatoes, halved, instead of the baking potatoes. I also tossed the vegetables with the marinade directly in the pan. Looking forward to leftovers tomorrow. Thanks for posting!