1/5 Photos of Lemon Greek Chicken
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
Hearty one dish meal. I always serve it with some crusty, hot fresh breadto get the last of the juices! This is so yummy I wish I could take total credit for it but I revised it slightly from The Pampered Chef's Stoneware Sensations Cookbook. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do! NOTE: Per request I revised this from my original post to reduce fat and calories. Please let me know if you like the new version as much as the old. The potatoes will cook much faster if you microwave them for a few minutes before placing them in the pan with the rest of the veggies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9.85 ml lemon zest
- 59.14 ml fresh lemon juice
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced- more if you like
- 14.79 ml oregano
- 3.69 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper, we like pepper- reduce if you like
- 6-8 medium red potatoes, about the size of a lemon
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red onion, wedged
- 226.79 g mushrooms, cleaned
- 4 bone in chicken breasts (1/2 to 3/4 lbs per breast) or 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1Combine first 7 ingredients and set aside.
- 2Spray a 10x13 pan with cooking spray and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (Use a larger pan if you have it. The more room the stuff has to spread out the better it cooks).
- 3Rinse potatoes and cut into fourths. Leave skin on if you like. Place in pan.
- 4Add bell pepper strips, onion wedges and mushrooms to pan.
- 5Drizzle half the lemon juice mixture over veggies and toss to coat.
- 6Place chicken on top and drizzle the remaining lemon mixture on top and brush or rub into meat. I use the back of a spoon or my fingers.
- 7Bake until chicken is no longer pink in center basting after 15 minutes.
- 8Note: To reduce fat and calories reduce the olive oil as much as you desire and use boneless skinless chicken. Bake for 1 hr if using the bone in chicken.
- 9IMPORTANT:::: If the potatoes are still not DONE but the chicken IS -- Remove the chicken and cover with foil- keep warm -- Continue to cook the potatoes until done and return the chicken to the pan to serve -- This WILL keep the chicken from getting dry if the potatoes need extra baking time! AND you can toss the foil for no mess clean up!
- 10Use a stoneware pan if you have one. They conduct the heat better and the dish cooks faster. You may need to adjust the time if using a metal or glass pan.
- 11I always add more onions, peppers and mushrooms and get my pan WAY too full! Do not be tempted to do the same- I have found it works better to double the sauce and veggies when I want and cook them separately from the meat. Everything gets done faster and more evenly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Greek Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.8
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 61.8 mg
- Sodium 393.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 25.9 g