Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just got down from the table after preparing and eating this. I found this on another website. This is a wonderful Thia dish. I also made some lemon tea (made by steeping the lemon grass with the tea bag) and it complimented the dish wonderfully.
- 1 lb lean pork, cut into thin slices
- 4 stalks of finely chopped lemongrass (preferably fresh lemon grass vs dried)
- 2 chopped green onions
- 2 -4 diced chilies
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Chinese wine
- 4 tablespoons oil, for cooking
- Marinate sliced pork in lemon grass, starch, pepper, and cooking wine.
- Heat wok/frying pan to high with oil in it.
- Add pork and cook until no longer pink.
- Add red chilies, sugar, salt, garlic, peanuts, and green onions.
- Stir until everything is well mixed.
- Dish on top of white rice or rice noodles.
We just made this and really liked the dish. We reduced the oil but otherwise made as directed. Thanks for posting. This was the first time I've bought lemon grass and it has a very nice taste. I followed prep directions in another recipe: CUT OFF THE WOODY TOPS AND BOTTOMS OF THE LEMON GRASS. REMOVE THE OUTER SECOND OR THIRD LAYERS OF THE STALK AND USE THE TENDER MIDDLE SECTIONS.