Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This marinade is so quick and easy to prepare and is delicious as well. It can be used with just about any type of meat.
- Remove the root ends, outer leaves and tough green tops from the lemon grass; smash or chop the inner part.
- Whisk together the sugar and fish sauce in a bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the oil and lemon grass; whisk to combine.
- Use to marinate and grill/broil shrimp, boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts, thin pork chops or cubed beef tenderloin.
- Toss the fish or meat with the marinade in a plastic bag, seal and refrigerate for 2-3 hours; discard the marinade before cooking.
I usaed this marinate with 1LB of roast beef, and it turned out TDF!!! It was great...I did marinate it overnight instead of 2-3 hours. It smelled so good while roasting, and the tastebuds were so happy!! thank you!
I tried this with pork and have to say that whilst marinating and cooking this smelt a lot like feet! But I went ahead and grilled the pork and the result was a really tasty and savoury dish. Unfortunately the lemon grass didn't come through very well; maybe I should have crushed the stalks instead of chopping them and maybe my fish sauce is too strong...I really don't know! However, despite this not turning out to be entirely what I expected it's still a tasty marinade, which I'll probably use again.