A simple soup with great flavor. I have found lemongrass in the produce section in tubes, ready to use or in the ethnic section of the supermarket in jars, finely minced. From weightwatchers.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup cooked egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1Place broth, chicken, carrot, celery, onion, lemon grass, salt and pepper in a large saucepan.
- 2Slowly bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer and cook until chicken and vegetables are cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- 3Place 1/4 cup of noodles in each of 4 shallow bowls. Ladle about 1 1/2 cups of soup over each serving and garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Grass Chicken Soup - 3pts
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.9
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 47.8 mg
- Sodium 1111.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 18.9 g