Recipe by KelBel
A simple soup with great flavor. I have found lemongrass in the produce section in tubes, ready to use or in the ethnic section of the supermarket in jars, finely minced. From weightwatchers.com.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup cooked egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place broth, chicken, carrot, celery, onion, lemon grass, salt and pepper in a large saucepan.
- Slowly bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer and cook until chicken and vegetables are cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Place 1/4 cup of noodles in each of 4 shallow bowls. Ladle about 1 1/2 cups of soup over each serving and garnish with parsley.