1/3 Photos of Lemon Grass Chicken
This recipe is from a great cookbook, Quick and Easy Thai. Also included in the Zaar World Tour 2005 swap, Asia.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 stalks lemongrass, long or 4 short stems
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless about 14 ounces total weight
- 1 egg white, small
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 chile, red, small, deseeded, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic chives, fresh and chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- cilantro, garnish
- lime slice, garnish
- 1If using the long lemon grass stems, cut in half across the middle to make four short stems for a total of eight stems.
- 2Coarsely chop chicken in a food processor and add egg white. Process to make a smooth paste. Add carrot, chile, chives, cilantro, salt and pepper and process to mix.
- 3Place mixture in refrigerator to chill, about 15 minutes. When chilled, divide mixture into eight equal portions. Using your hands, shape the portions around the lemon grass stems. The lemon grass stem will be the "skewer" for the chicken mixture.
- 4Preheat broiler to medium hot, brush skewers with oil and broil approximately 4-6 minutes. Turn them occasionally until golden brown and cooked thru. These skewers can also be grilled over medium hot coals.
- 5Garnish with cilantro and slices of lemon (optional) and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Grass Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.9
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 70.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 16.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: