Recipe by JustJanS
From a magazine my neighbour loaned me. I'm storing it here to make soon. Can only guess at prep time when it includes soaking the wrappers.
- 50 g chinese vermicelli
- 350 g lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 2 stalks lemongrass, tender bases finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 (200 g) can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 12 rice paper sheets
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- sweet chili sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the vermacelli in a bowl, and cover with boiling water.
- Stand for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Place the beef mince and 3 tablespoons of water in a frying pan and cook covered for 10 minutes, until beef is cooked and tender.
- Drain off any remaining liquid.
- Combine the beef, sprouts, lemon grass, lemon juice, fish sauce, spring onions and water chestnuts in a large bowl.
- Soak one rice wrapper at a time in a bowl of warm water until soft.
- Place a mint leave at the end of each wrapper.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the beef mixture on the wrapper, fold in the edges and roll up to enclose.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce for dipping.