Very flavoursome stir-fry dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 stalks lemongrass, finely chopped (white part only)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 600 g lean rump steak, trimmed and sliced thinly across the grain
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketjap manis
- 1 large red onion, cut into small wedges
- 200 g green beans, sliced on the diagonal into 5cm lengths
- 1Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the rice and cook for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain well.
- 2Meanwhile, combine the garlic, ginger, lemon grass and 2 teaspoons of the oil in a non-metallic bowl. Add the beef, then marinate for 10 minutes. Combine the lime juice, fish sauce and kecap manis.
- 3Heat a wok until very hot, add 1 tablespoon oil and swirl to coat. Stir-fry the beef in batches for 2-3 minutes, or until browned. Remove from the wok.
- 4Reheat the wok to very hot, heat the remaining oil, then add the onion and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the beans and cook for another 2 minutes, then return the beef to the wok. Pour in the fish sauce mixture and cook until heated through. Serve with the rice.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Grass Beef
Serving Size: 1 (706 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1040.1
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 301.5 mg
- Sodium 631.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 127.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: