Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very flavoursome stir-fry dish.
Make and share this Lemon Grass Beef recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups long-grain rice
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 stalks lemongrass, finely chopped (white part only)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 600 g lean rump steak, trimmed and sliced thinly across the grain
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketjap manis
- 1 large red onion, cut into small wedges
- 200 g green beans, sliced on the diagonal into 5cm lengths
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the rice and cook for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, combine the garlic, ginger, lemon grass and 2 teaspoons of the oil in a non-metallic bowl. Add the beef, then marinate for 10 minutes. Combine the lime juice, fish sauce and kecap manis.
- Heat a wok until very hot, add 1 tablespoon oil and swirl to coat. Stir-fry the beef in batches for 2-3 minutes, or until browned. Remove from the wok.
- Reheat the wok to very hot, heat the remaining oil, then add the onion and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the beans and cook for another 2 minutes, then return the beef to the wok. Pour in the fish sauce mixture and cook until heated through. Serve with the rice.