Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
These are really simple and really delicious. They taste just as good cold too. I like to dip these in a sweet chilli sauce.
- 1 bunch spring onion, chopped
- 2 inches gingerroot, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks lemongrass, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup coriander leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 75 g breadcrumbs
- 300 g firm tofu
- 1 egg
- plain flour, for dusting
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- In a processor blend the onion, ginger, lemon grass, coriander and garlic until chunky but chopped.
- Add soy, sugar, breadcrumbs, tofu and egg and blend until just mixed.
- Flour our hands and form spoonfuls of the mixture into nugget shapes.
- Heat the oil and fry the nuggets for 2 minutes each side, remove and drain.