Recipe by ChrisMc
Here's a cool treat for summer that does not require an ice cream maker. This looks great in margarita glasses or other fancy glasses.
Top Review by Coral_Jayne
This is a really nice recipe. I found it easier to pour the mix into a large Ziploc bag, then onto the baking sheet. I have too many kids going in and out of the freezer at this time of year to risk a spill.
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
- 2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated lemons, zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- Chill a rectangular metal baking pan (15 x 9 x 2) in the freezer.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or a large food processor until sugar dissolves (~1minute).
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan and freeze about 30 minutes, or until crystalls begin to form.
- Stir the mixture with a fork to loosen crystals; the goal is to evenly mix the crystals in the liquid.
- Break up any large clumps.
- place the pan back in the freezer and repeat the above step about every 20 minutes until the consistency is that of crushed ice (usually about 2 hours, depending on the freezer).
- Serve immediately.
- This can also be stored in an airtight container in the freezer.