Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
This is a soft, lemony cookie I found in a Pillsbury cookbook.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup nuts, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients except last 1/4 cup sugar; blend well.
- (Mixture will be crumbly.) Firmly press into 1-inch balls; roll in 1/4 cup sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 9 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool a minute or so before removing from cookie sheets.
This is one of my all time favorite cookie recipes. I once 'lost' it and was so sad. I looked online and at that time could not find it. One thing different that I do is add lemon juice. This does make the cookie spread out more and gives it a more lemony taste. I also used mashed potato buds because that was what I had at the time. None of these small changes hurt the taste of the cookies. A very unique cookie.