Recipe by chia
great way to use up your surplus zucchini, from this weeks newspaper.
Top Review by T43
Light and fluffy and oh so delicious. I used whole wheat flour for 1 of the 2 cups of flour called for. I replaced the sugar with 1/2 cup of honey and therefore, reduced the oil and milk to about 3/8 cup each. I added dried cranberries for the fruit. Fabulous. They also froze extremely well.
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 lemons, zest of, teaspoon grated
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts or 3⁄4 cup hazelnuts
- 1⁄2 cup dried fruit or 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- grease a muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- preheat oven to 400f.
- combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and zest in a large bowl.
- mix in nuts and fruit.
- combine milk, oil and eggs in a small bowl, whisking until well blended.
- pour liquid into flour mixture, stirring well.
- add zucchini, stir until moistened.
- spoon evenly into muffin cups.
- bake 20-25 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- remove from pan and place on a rack.
- mix confectioners sugar and lemon juice until smooth, and drizzle over warm muffins.