Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Since this is the time of year when zucchini is abundant, I'd like to share these yummy muffins. They can also be baked as a loaf by increasing the baking time.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped (you can also use pecans or hazelnuts)
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup zucchini, finely grated
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease 12 muffin cups well or line with paper liners.
- Combine the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and lemon peel in a large bowl; stir in the nuts and fruit.
- Combine until blended the milk, oil and eggs in a small bowl.
- Pour into the flour mixture; add the zucchini, stirring just until moistened.
- Spoon evenly into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from the pan.
- Meanwhile, combine the icing sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl and mix until smooth.
- Drizzle over the warm muffins.
I am rating this for my Mom who made them. She said they were 'ok' and 2 stars is defined as 'ok'.
These are very delicious! Super easy to assemble and bake and they are very tasty. Light, moist muffins and you really can't taste the zucchini. Even my kids who normally don't eat zucchini loved these! I left out the raisins and nuts - my kids won't eat them. The glaze gives a nice shiny top and a lovely lemon flavor. Thanks for sharing. We will make these often!