Recipe by Irmgard
Since this is the time of year when zucchini is abundant, I'd like to share these yummy muffins. They can also be baked as a loaf by increasing the baking time.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped (you can also use pecans or hazelnuts)
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup zucchini, finely grated
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease 12 muffin cups well or line with paper liners.
- Combine the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and lemon peel in a large bowl; stir in the nuts and fruit.
- Combine until blended the milk, oil and eggs in a small bowl.
- Pour into the flour mixture; add the zucchini, stirring just until moistened.
- Spoon evenly into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from the pan.
- Meanwhile, combine the icing sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl and mix until smooth.
- Drizzle over the warm muffins.