Recipe by Caryn Dalton
A Delicious and light summer meal. We like to serve with our favorite salad and bread. The whole meal can be on the table in under 30 minutes.
Top Review by Christineyy!
We had a package of asparagus stir fry and some frozen shrimp so i made this recipe and cut it in half. We liked it alot, but i feel like the glaze is missing something. EDIT: 4 stars! I added the lemon zest to it, and that added the perfect amount of tartness! Thanks for the tip Caryn!
For Lemon Glaze
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh asparagus spears
- 1 lb shrimp, large deveined tails on
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest (optional)
- 1 pinch nutmeg (not too much!) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare Grill (or broiler pan) to cook shrimp.
- In small saucepan, combine butter, honey and 2 TSP lemon juice and, if desired, lemon zest; cook and stir over Medium-low heat until butter is melted. In small bowl, combine water and cornstarch; blend well. Stir into lemon mixture. Cook over med heat until bubbly and thickened, stirring constantly, about 1-2 minutes. Turn burner on low and remember to stir every few minutes while preparing the shrimp and asparagus. NOTE: ingredients can be doubled for more glaze, if desired.
- Sprinkle 1 TB lemon juice over shrimp in bowl. Toss to coat.
- Place peeled, deveined shrimp with tails on singly in grill basket or on broiler sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Set shrimp aside and prepare asparagus; Fill Dutch oven or stockpot with 3 inches of water; bring to a boil quickly using lid on pot. Trim asparagus and cut spears diagonally in half. Add asparagus. Reduce heat; cover and cook 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- After reducing heat on asparagus, put shrimp on grill or under broiler 4-5 inches from heat for 4 minutes. Turn shrimp once and return to grill or broiler for 4 more minutes or until opaque.
- Arrange asparagus in center of serving plate, criss-crossing stems artfully. Arrange shrimp in a circle around asparagus. Drizzle glaze over asparagus and shrimp.
- If desired, sprinkle sesame seeds over top.
- If desired, (very lightly!) sprinkle nutmeg over top.