Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. This cookie has all the bases covered. Tart, texture, savory and sweet are combined to make a sublime shortbread cookie. Use Reynolds Wrap Foil as an aid to help form the dough into a roll before chilling. Also use Reynolds Wrap Foil to line your cookie sheet, no greasing required, to give the bottom of the shortbread an extra golden brown crunch.
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, rosemary, almonds and lemon zest in a bowl.
- Mix together, butter, honey and 1/2 cup of the confectioners sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at low speed, then add the flour mixture and mix until the ingredients are just incorporated.
- Lay a roughly 12 x 17 inch sheet of Reynolds Wrap Foil onto a work surface. Dump the dough onto the center of the foil and with your hands form the dough into a roll approximately 12 inches long. Wrap the roll with the foil, using the foil as an aid to further compress the dough. Chill the dough in the foil for 1 hour.
- Unwrap the chilled dough and slice it carefully with a sharp knife into 1/3 inch rounds. Place rounds onto an ungreased Reynolds Wrap Foil lined baking sheet and bake in a 300 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges of the shortbread are golden brown. Cool the shortbread in the pan.
- Meanwhile combine the remaining 1/2 cup confectioners sugar with the lemon juice. Drizzle over the cooled shortbread. Use the foil liner to wrap and store the shortbread if desired.