Recipe by rosarita11_4094628
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. This cookie has all the bases covered. Tart, texture, savory and sweet are combined to make a sublime shortbread cookie. Use Reynolds Wrap Foil as an aid to help form the dough into a roll before chilling. Also use Reynolds Wrap Foil to line your cookie sheet, no greasing required, to give the bottom of the shortbread an extra golden brown crunch.
Top Review by La Dilettante
Nice, nice, nice, Rosarita! Served in a pretty basket with a few sprigs of fresh rosemary for garnish, these get quickly nibbled/gobbled up! Good holiday gift idea, as well---definitely unusual!
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, rosemary, almonds and lemon zest in a bowl.
- Mix together, butter, honey and 1/2 cup of the confectioners sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at low speed, then add the flour mixture and mix until the ingredients are just incorporated.
- Lay a roughly 12 x 17 inch sheet of Reynolds Wrap Foil onto a work surface. Dump the dough onto the center of the foil and with your hands form the dough into a roll approximately 12 inches long. Wrap the roll with the foil, using the foil as an aid to further compress the dough. Chill the dough in the foil for 1 hour.
- Unwrap the chilled dough and slice it carefully with a sharp knife into 1/3 inch rounds. Place rounds onto an ungreased Reynolds Wrap Foil lined baking sheet and bake in a 300 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges of the shortbread are golden brown. Cool the shortbread in the pan.
- Meanwhile combine the remaining 1/2 cup confectioners sugar with the lemon juice. Drizzle over the cooled shortbread. Use the foil liner to wrap and store the shortbread if desired.