1/2 Photos of Lemon Glazed Pound Cake -- Loaf Size!
1 hr 10 mins
Modified recipe from dallasnews.com -- Published January 12, 2011. NOTE: The school bus cake was made for grandson Jake's 2nd birthday! I used a mixture of lime, lemon, and orange zests, and in the glaze, I used orange juice instead of the lemon juice! Made in a 6-cup school bus pan found on Amazon.com; baked at 350F for 35 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks softened at room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F for metal, or 325F for glass or stoneware.
- 2Butter a 6-cup loaf pan (8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2-inch) and line it with parchment or wax paper.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- 4In a mixer cream the butter, sugar, and lemon zest.
- 5With the mixer running at low speed, add the eggs one at a time; add the vanilla.
- 6Working in alternating batches, and mixing after each addition, add the dry ingredients and lemon juice to the butter mixture. Mix until just smooth.
- 7Pour into the prepared pan and bake until raised in the center and a tester inserted into the center comes out dry and almost clean (a few crumbs are OK), about 50 to 60 minutes ~ Depending on your oven, and the kind of pan you use, please check the cake at 45 minutes to be sure!.
- 8When the cake is done, let cool in the pan 15 minutes (it will still be warm). Run a knife around the sides of the pan.
- 9Set a wire rack on a sheet pan with sides (to catch the glaze) and turn the cake out onto the rack. Peel off the wax paper.
- 10Lemon Glaze:.
- 11Combine zest, lemon juice, salt, and sugar in a microwave safe bowl ~ microwave for 1 minute; remove and stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- 12Using a pastry brush, spread Lemon Glaze all over the top and sides of the cake.
- 13Repeat until the entire glaze is used up, including any glaze that has dripped through onto the sheet pan.
- 14Let cool at room temperature or, wrapped in plastic wrap, in the refrigerator.
- 15Serve at room temperature, in thin slices.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Glazed Pound Cake -- Loaf Size!
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.5
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 123.2 mg
- Sodium 359.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 27.2 g
- Protein 4.6 g