Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Wonderful combination of flavours and very easy to throw together at the last minute.
- 4 pork shoulder chops
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- Place pork chops in a casserole dish just big enough to hold them in a single layer.
- Combine sugar, lemon juice, butter, and mustard.
- Heat in the microwave until butter is melted.
- This takes about 40 seconds in mine.
- Pour sugar mixture over chops.
- Cover, and bake in a preheated 375F oven for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking for a further 15-20 minutes, basting often, until chops are fork-tender and liquid is reduced.
My chops are currently in the oven but I couldn't help but be a bit baffled by the complaints of a messy clean-up! Just line your baking dish with foil. When you're done cooking, pull off the foil in one piece and toss it out. No mess.
Smells good already! I hope it turns out great!
This recipe was great. The dish will be a little hard to clean, but that's the nature of sugar. My chops were easy to cut with a fork but a little on the dry side. The sauce made up for this though. I used tenderloin chops and trimmed most of the fat off first.
This recipe did not come out great for me. I followed directions exactly, but my chops were not tender (maybe I should have cooked them even longer), and it made a mess of my baking dish. I'd suggest using lots of cooking spray. The sauce was very thin, but had good flavor, and it was very easy to put together. Sorry it didnt work out better for me.