Recipe by Sydney Mike
This quick & easy recipe comes from the 1966 Quick & Easy Dinners cookbook by the editors of Sunset Magazine. When serving these chops, I like using the reserved half of the glaze over brown rice & peas!
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
These pork chops were soooooo good. The glaze really made this dish. The pork chops were tender, moist and yummy. I can't wait to try this glaze on chicken. This recipe is a definite keeper. Recipenapped for November, 2009 Aus/NZ Swap.
- 2 pork chops
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- FOR THE GLAZE ~ In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the 4 glaze ingredients, then set aside.
- FOR THE CHOPS ~ Place chops on broiler rack or pan 3 to 4 inches from heat, & broil about 4 to 5 minutes or until well browned.
- Remove from broiler & season with lemon pepper, then turn chops over & broil another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from broiler & spoon half the lemon glaze over each chop (reserving half of the glaze), then top with each with a thin slice or two of lemon.
- Return to broiler & broil a final 3 to 4 minutes or until glaze bubbles & browns slightly.