Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is on WITN tv.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- confectioners' sugar
- lemon juice
- Mix flour, 1 1/2 cups sugar, baking powder and salt together, set aside. In another bowl whisk together yolks, orange zest, orange juice and oil.
- In a bowl add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix on low until smooth. Beat egg yolks and the rest of the sugar til stiff peaks from. Fold egg whites into cake mixture.
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees, lightly oil and flour the cake pan then pour in mixture or you could oil the pan, and put down wax paper. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until golden brown. Let cool and then drizzle icing over the cake.
- Melt 9 tablespoons of butter.
- Add 2 1/4 cups confectioners sugar to 4 1/2 tablespoons hot water.
- Then mix in butter and 5 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Mix together until very smooth.