Prep 30 mins
Cook 16 mins
These are a small soft cookie from Martha Stewart.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup plus 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temp
- 1⁄2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 lemons, zested and juiced (1/3 cup juice)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 2 3⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- sugar, coarse sanding type for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325. Whisk together flour and 1/4 tsp salt in a small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, and lemon zest with a mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 10 minutes. Beat in eggs. Reduce speed to low and gradually beat in flour mixture. Slowly add milk, and beat on med. speed for 5 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2 in tip (I use a ziplock with a whole cut in the corner!).Pipe 1 1/2 inch rounds onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake until bottoms are pale gold, 16-18 minutes. LEt cool completely on sheets.
- Whisk together confectioners' sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl until smooth. Brush glaze onto cookies and sprinkle with coarse sanding sugar.
Unfortunately We didn't care for these cookies. The frosting was good but the actual cookie wasn't very lemony and was pretty bland. Sorry for a first review to be such a downer! Made for ZWT8