Recipe by AZPARZYCH
Quick and easy salad that eats like a meal.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Although made the other day, I wasn't able to find a good mango so used cut some dried mango into bite-size pieces & added that to the hot lemon dressing right after taking it off the heat ~ Definitely not the same as using fresh mango, but now that I have the recipe, I'll be making it again, as written! Very, very nice way to serve shrimp! [Tagged & made as a recipe review reward in the PRMR Holiday Special]
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup splenda no calorie artificial sweetener
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 jalapeno, trimmed, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby arugula leaves
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mango, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in medium skillet over high heat.
- Add shrimp and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in lemon juice and cook 3-4 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- To lemon juice in the pan add the vinegar, Splenda, red pepper flakes, and jalapeno.
- Bring to boil and cook 4-5 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place arugula, red pepper, and mango in large bowl; toss with some of the dressing and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Plate salad, place shrimp on top and drizzle with remaining dressing.