Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Land O Lakes Butter this recipe boasts that it is a classic light, flaky, easy-to-make pastry with sweet fruit filling.
- In large mixer bowl combine all patry ingredients. Beat at low speed scraping bowl often, until well mixed (1-2 minutes).
- Divide dough in half; flatten each into about a 1/2 inch thick rectangel.
- Wrap in plastic food wrap, refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl whisk egg white until foamy;set aside.
- Heat oven to 375.
- On lightly floured surface roll half of dough into 12x18 inch rectangle.
- Use a ruler or straight edge to gently push in sides to keep straight. Cut into six 4" squares.
- In center of each square place two tsp pie filling.
- Fold one corner of square over to form a triangel.
- Lightly brush bottom inside edges with beaten egg white.
- Pinch together edges to seal;crimp with fork.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Brush tops with remaining egg white. Carefully prick tops in two or three places with fork.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 10 minutes.
- In small bowl stir together powdered sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel and enough water for glazing consistency; spread or drizzle over turnovers.
- Serve warm or cooled. Store cooled turnovers in airtight container.