1/1 Photo of Lemon-Glazed Fruit Turnovers
1 hr 5 mins
From Land O Lakes Butter this recipe boasts that it is a classic light, flaky, easy-to-make pastry with sweet fruit filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup land o lakes butter (softened)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 egg white
- 21 ounces fruit pie filling
- 1In large mixer bowl combine all patry ingredients. Beat at low speed scraping bowl often, until well mixed (1-2 minutes).
- 2Divide dough in half; flatten each into about a 1/2 inch thick rectangel.
- 3Wrap in plastic food wrap, refrigerate 15 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, in small bowl whisk egg white until foamy;set aside.
- 5Heat oven to 375.
- 6On lightly floured surface roll half of dough into 12x18 inch rectangle.
- 7Use a ruler or straight edge to gently push in sides to keep straight. Cut into six 4" squares.
- 8In center of each square place two tsp pie filling.
- 9Fold one corner of square over to form a triangel.
- 10Lightly brush bottom inside edges with beaten egg white.
- 11Pinch together edges to seal;crimp with fork.
- 12Place on lightly greased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- 13Brush tops with remaining egg white. Carefully prick tops in two or three places with fork.
- 14Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 10 minutes.
- 15In small bowl stir together powdered sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel and enough water for glazing consistency; spread or drizzle over turnovers.
- 16Serve warm or cooled. Store cooled turnovers in airtight container.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Glazed Fruit Turnovers
Serving Size: 1 (823 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.9
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 51.2 mg
- Sodium 142.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: