Recipe by MarieRynr
Brusssels Sprouts are one of my favorite vegetables and I am always looking for new ways to prepare them. These only need a minimum attention before serving, and taste wonderful with my recipe for slow cooked Hoisin Pork Roast.
- 2 lbs medium Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients in large pot; cover and bring to boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Cook until brussels sprouts are crisp-tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in lemon juice; cook uncovered until glaze coats brussles sprouts, about 1 minute.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer brussels sprouts to a bowl, sprinkle with lemon peel and serve.