Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A yummy dessert for an adult party. Luscious layes of Lemon and reaspberry liqueurs, gingerbread, and lemon whipped cream - what's not to love? I got the basic idea from somewhere, but cannot remember - mea culpa, and added a bit to it. Looks lovely and tastes divine! Note: prep time does not reflect cooking the gingerbread first.
- 1 lb gingerbread (your own favorite recipe and add candied ginger)
- 1 cup limoncello (Italian Lemon Liqueur)
- 1 cup Chambord raspberry liquor (French Raspberry Liqueur)
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cube the gingerbread into 1 inch cubes.
- Whip the cream, adding sugar, lemon zest and juice.
- In clear glass bowl with straight sides: layer 1/3 gingerbread cubes, then sprinkle with 1/3 cup Limoncello, then 1/3 whipped crem mixture, then 1/3 cup chambord.
- Repeat layers two more times.
- Chill for at least three hours to develop flavors.