Recipe by Lainey6605
The "ginger" in this drink comes from ginger ale. Note: Lemons at room temperature will yield the most juice. You might also want to try warming them a bit in the microwave. Garnish each glass with lemon slices, wedges, twists or curls. Enjoy!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I DO LOVE YOUR BEVERAGES, & this one is no exception! Ginger ale isn't my favorite drink by any means, but when combined with the lemon juice . . . REALLY GREAT! Definitely worth keeping around! Thanks! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe cooking game]
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh lemon juice, about 8 lemons
- 3 cups ginger ale, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- In 1-quart saucepan, cook sugar and water over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat, cool to room temperature.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Store mixture in tightly covered nonmetal container or jar in refrigerator.
- For each serving, in tall glass, mix 1/2 cup chilled mixture and 1/2 cup ginger ale.
- If desired, add ice.