Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
The "ginger" in this drink comes from ginger ale. Note: Lemons at room temperature will yield the most juice. You might also want to try warming them a bit in the microwave. Garnish each glass with lemon slices, wedges, twists or curls. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh lemon juice, about 8 lemons
- 3 cups ginger ale, chilled
- In 1-quart saucepan, cook sugar and water over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat, cool to room temperature.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Store mixture in tightly covered nonmetal container or jar in refrigerator.
- For each serving, in tall glass, mix 1/2 cup chilled mixture and 1/2 cup ginger ale.
- If desired, add ice.
I DO LOVE YOUR BEVERAGES, & this one is no exception! Ginger ale isn't my favorite drink by any means, but when combined with the lemon juice . . . REALLY GREAT! Definitely worth keeping around! Thanks! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe cooking game]
Fabulous lemonade, Lainey! I have been making lemonade with club soda for years, but the ginger ale does add a lot to the flavor! This is a super simple recipe and I know I will be serving this often : )
What a lovely drink Lainey. I enjoyed this lemony ginger ale drink very much. It was quick and easy to make and tasted great. Sweet, tart and tangy, with a subtle ginger taste. I used Spicy Ginger Ale, it was so delilcious, just the perfect drink for sitting on the deck on a sunny afternoon. Thanks so much for sharing.