Recipe by Pinaygourmet #345142
Barbequed shrimp marinated in lemon and ginger with a hint of sesame.
- 3 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- n a blender or food processor, process the olive oil, sesame oil, lemon juice, onion, garlic, ginger, cilantro, paprika, salt, and pepper until smooth. Reserve a small amount for basting. Pour the remaining mixture into a dish, add shrimp, and stir to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard marinade.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Grill shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque. Baste with reserved sauce while cooking.