Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Pillsbury. Great holiday shortbread.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 -4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Heat oven to 325*.
- In large bowl, combine butter and sugar; beat until light and fluffy.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Add flour, ginger and lemon peel; mix well.
- Shape dough into ball; divide into 4 pieces. On ungreased cookie sheets, flatten each piece to 6-inch round; press edges to smooth.
- Bake at 325* for 15 to 25 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; cut each round layer into 8 wedges; pierce surface with fork if desired. Cool on cookie sheet for 15 minutes or until completely cooled.
- In small bowl, combine powdered sugar and enough lemon juice for desired drizzling consistency; blend until smooth. Place mixture in small resealable food storage plastic bag; seal bag. Cut off small corner of bag. Squeeze glaze onto cooled cookies.