- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup yogurt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted with
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the sugar, ginger, and lemon zest in an electric food processor and process until the ginger and zest are finely ground.
- Add the butter and process until creamy and smooth.
- Add the eggs, process, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and process again until smooth.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir in the buttermilk and the flour mixture.
- Pour into greased and floured muffin pans and bake in a preheated 400F oven for 20 to 25 minutes.