Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I had these at my friend's party. Yum! They'd be great for brunch or a picnic.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup yogurt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted with
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Combine the sugar, ginger, and lemon zest in an electric food processor and process until the ginger and zest are finely ground.
- Add the butter and process until creamy and smooth.
- Add the eggs, process, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and process again until smooth.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir in the buttermilk and the flour mixture.
- Pour into greased and floured muffin pans and bake in a preheated 400F oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Loved these muffins..except to make it healthier I used half wholewheat flour and half white flour. The buttermilk makes the muffins a wonderful texture
Pretty good recipe, I made with whole flour instead though and added about a teaspoon of lemon juice to the batter. They're the perfect morning sickness breakfast for any preggo!