Recipe by SusieQusie
Nonfat yogurt keeps these lowered-fat muffins moist while lemon zest perks up the flavor. Splenda for baking could be used for the sugar and butter for the margarine if you prefer.
Top Review by Boomette
I used unsalted butter, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 eggs. They're so good. They rised a lot. Maybe it's my new oven or the muffins lol The taste is unbelievable. Thanks SusieQ :) Made for 123 hit wonders.
- 6 tablespoons stick margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 egg whites (or 1/2 cup egg sub)
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coat 12 muffin cups with cooking spray or line with baking papers.
- In a large bowl, beat margarine and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in egg whites, one at a time, or egg sub. Add ginger and lemon peel.
- In a separate bowl, add baking soda to yogurt and stir; mixture will bubble.
- Fold flour into sugar mixture, 1/3 at a time, alternating with yogurt. Blend well.
- Divide batter evenly among baking cups.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.