Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
From Better Homes & Garden's 2004 Christmas Cookie Magazine
Make and share this Lemon-Ginger Meringue Drops recipe from Food.com.
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons finely crushed lemon drop candies
- Allow egg whites to stand at room temp for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F Line two large cookie sheets with foil or parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine egg whites, vanilla, cream of tarter and ginger.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).
- Gradually add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in candy.
- Spoon mixture into a decorating bag fitted with a ½ inch round tip.
- Pipe into 1 ½ inch teardrop shapes, 2 inches apart on prepared sheets.
- Bake both sheets on separate racks in preheated oven for 10 15 minutes.
- Turn off oven and let cookies dry in oven with door closed for 1 hour.
- Transfer cookies to wire rack and let cool completely.
- To store: Place cookies in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container.
- Store at room temp for up to 3 days.