1 hr 10 mins
From Better Homes & Garden's 2004 Christmas Cookie Magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Allow egg whites to stand at room temp for 30 minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 325°F Line two large cookie sheets with foil or parchment paper; set aside.
- 3In a medium mixing bowl, combine egg whites, vanilla, cream of tarter and ginger.
- 4Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).
- 5Gradually add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- 6Gently fold in candy.
- 7Spoon mixture into a decorating bag fitted with a ½ inch round tip.
- 8Pipe into 1 ½ inch teardrop shapes, 2 inches apart on prepared sheets.
- 9Bake both sheets on separate racks in preheated oven for 10 15 minutes.
- 10Turn off oven and let cookies dry in oven with door closed for 1 hour.
- 11Transfer cookies to wire rack and let cool completely.
- 12To store: Place cookies in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container.
- 13Store at room temp for up to 3 days.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Ginger Meringue Drops
Serving Size: 1 (4 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 9.3
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemon drop candies