Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This produces a dense cake that is absolutely delicious but oh so easy to make. It's actually a variation of my Almond Macaroon Cake, since I was making it to take to a school function (no nuts allowed).
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour, additional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk all the ingredients together except for the flour. Once well blended, mix in the flour.
- Pour into a nonstick pan and bake for 30 to 40 minute.