1/1 Photo of Lemon Ginger Loaf With Apricot Glaze
1 hr 20 mins
Slocan cook's Note:
A light loaf with the goodness of lemon and ginger to make a good taste sensation with the topping of apricot preserves to give it a nice fruit flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and grease a 9" by 5" by 3" loaf pan and set aside.
- 2In a medium size bowl combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- 3Combine sugar and butter in a separate large bowl and cream together until well blended.
- 4Grate and juice both lemons and put them aside.
- 5Mince fresh ginger on cutting board and put into a small bowl.
- 6Crack eggs into a small bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- 7Add eggs to the butter and sugar mixture and stir until well combined.
- 8Pour 1 cup milk into the measuring cup and add the lemon juice and wait until curdled.
- 9Starting and ending with the dry ingredients use an electric mixer alternately adding dry ingredients and milk until mixture is creamy and smooth.
- 10Stir in minced ginger and lemon zest to the batter and pour into prepared loaf pan.
- 11Put loaf into oven for approximately 1 hour or until lightly browned on top.
- 12Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 to 10 minutes before putting on a rack to cool.
- 13Put apricot preserves and sugar in a saucepan and cook until sugar is melted and then drizzle over the top and sides of cooled loaf.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Ginger Loaf With Apricot Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.5
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 54.1 mg
- Sodium 357.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 31.0 g
- Protein 4.1 g