Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A light loaf with the goodness of lemon and ginger to make a good taste sensation with the topping of apricot preserves to give it a nice fruit flavour.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and grease a 9" by 5" by 3" loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- Combine sugar and butter in a separate large bowl and cream together until well blended.
- Grate and juice both lemons and put them aside.
- Mince fresh ginger on cutting board and put into a small bowl.
- Crack eggs into a small bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs to the butter and sugar mixture and stir until well combined.
- Pour 1 cup milk into the measuring cup and add the lemon juice and wait until curdled.
- Starting and ending with the dry ingredients use an electric mixer alternately adding dry ingredients and milk until mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Stir in minced ginger and lemon zest to the batter and pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Put loaf into oven for approximately 1 hour or until lightly browned on top.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 to 10 minutes before putting on a rack to cool.
- Put apricot preserves and sugar in a saucepan and cook until sugar is melted and then drizzle over the top and sides of cooled loaf.