Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- Place ingredients except for the crystallized ginger in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough cycle; press Start.
- At end of cycle, remove dough onto a floured board. Knead dough briefly, shape into a ball, cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Flatten the dough and gently knead in the crystallized ginger. Form into a loaf shape, place in a lightly greased 9x5 inch loaf pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled in size, about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Just before baking, slash top with a razor or sharp knife. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until bottom of loaf sounds hollow when tapped. Remove bread to a wire rack to cool before serving.