Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Try in hot tea and then make it iced. Add it to sangria. Coat a roasted chicken or fish at the end of cooking. Yes you can use any cirtus of choice.
- 1 cup honey
- 1 lemon, zest of (lime, orange, grapefruit or any cirtus you desire)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- Place honey in a double boiler with hot water in bottom.
- Add lemon zest and ginger.
- Bring water to a boil, and bring mixture to 185°F and keep at 185°F for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes. Strain while still warm.
- Place in sterilized jars and cap.
I made the Lime option. Very subtle ginger and lime flavors. Tasted great on a piece of toast. Would be great as a glaze for chicken. Made for Fall 2009 PAC.