Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
One of my favorite cookies is a ginger cooking with lemon filling. I created this ice cream as another way to enjoy my favorite flavor combination.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 2 tablespoons lemon extract
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups whipping cream, unwhipped
- 1⁄4 cup crystallized ginger, chopped
- Combine all ingredients well.
- Place in an ice cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
Fantastic ice cream! Easy to make. Everyone who has eaten it has raved about it, including me. Thanks for sharing this.
This was really a different and interesting ice cream. It is very, very creamy. I used fat-free sweetened condensed milk.
KelBel, you really knew what you were doing when you decided to pair lemon and crystallized ginger into an ice cream! This is really sensational! I can easily see this paired with a strawberry, raspberry or even a blueberry sauce to accompany it to serve on a very special evening! I love this recipe!