Recipe by Jennifer aka jedinow
A honey-sweetened, refreshing frozen yogourt that stays scoopable in the freezer. Try using fresh ginger juice or adding candied ginger for extra zing.
- 750 ml low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1 cup 10% light cream (half-and-half)
- 3⁄4 cup honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine yogourt, lemon zest, and ginger root.
- Gently whisk in cream and honey.
- Let ripen in fridge for at least four hours or overnight for flavours to develop.
- Strain out ginger and lemon zest. (You can reuse the ginger and lemon zest by quickly rinsing then steeping in boiling water to make tea.).
- Pour the mixture into the ice cream machine. As it is mixing, pour in the lemon juice.