Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Cooking Light. Serving size: 1 c. chicken mixture and 3/4 c. rice. Per serving: 395 calories, 4.3 g fat, 31.4 g protein, 57 g carb, 3 g fiber, 66 mg cholesterol.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger, divided
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 2 cups julienne-cut yellow squash
- 1 cup red bell pepper, strips
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 cups hot cooked jasmine rice (seasoned to preference)
- Sprinkle chicken with black pepper.
- Let the canola oil get heated in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in chicken, onion, and 1 tablespoon ginger; stirfry 4 minutes.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add sesame oil to skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add in squash and bell pepper; stirfry for 3 mintues.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon ginger, lemon rind, and the next 6 ingredients.
- Add chicken and sauce mixture to skillet; stir-fry 4 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Serve with rice.