Recipe by rochsann
Excellent recipe! Good by itself, on rolls, or between slices of bread. I served this at both of my daughters' baptism parties when they were wee little ones. Very popular--one of my all-time favorite dishes. From one of my all-time favorite cookbooks, "Creme de Colorado", a junior league cookbook.
Top Review by Susan Dillard
I was going to post this recipe, but it's already done. This is a wonderful chicken salad. The only things I would do differently are wait to add the almonds until it is ready to serve (so they stay fresher) and try serving it in cantaloupe halves or quarters, the contrast in tastes is wonderful! This is now one of my favorite chicken salads. A quick fixing tip: use frozen cooked chicken breasts, just thaw in microwave and cut into small chunks. I use the mesquite grilled chicken and really like the added flavor it gives. Thanks for posting, do yourself a favor and try this one.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (Please, not Miracle Whip, unless you just have to)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream ("light" is fine)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon, rind of
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup green seedless grapes or 1 cup red seedless grapes
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds, toasted,cooled to room temperature