Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Excellent recipe! Good by itself, on rolls, or between slices of bread. I served this at both of my daughters' baptism parties when they were wee little ones. Very popular--one of my all-time favorite dishes. From one of my all-time favorite cookbooks, "Creme de Colorado", a junior league cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (Please, not Miracle Whip, unless you just have to)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream ("light" is fine)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon, rind of
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup green seedless grapes or 1 cup red seedless grapes
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds, toasted,cooled to room temperature
- In mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, lemon peel, lemon juice, ginger, and salt, stirring well.
- Add chicken, grapes, celery, and almonds.
- Cover and chill at least two hours before serving.