Recipe by Derf
Delicious chicken quick and easy! Adapted from Company's Comming.
Top Review by Recipe Reader
This is really full of flavor - and the sauce is easy. It was simple to plan for because I had everything already in my kitchen, except a lemon. The only real work is the pounding and flouring of the chicken, which isn't too bad. Thanks for posting this, I'll be making it again. It's perfect with brown rice.
- 4 chicken breasts, halfs boneless, skinless
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper, freshly ground
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 59.14 ml lemnon juice
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml fresh ginger, finely grated
- 4.92 ml lemon zest
- 1.23 ml dry mustard (I use 1/2 teaspoon)
- 59.14 ml chicken broth
- 7.39 ml cornstarch
- parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound with mallet or rolling pin to 1/4 inch thickness; combine the next 3 ingredients on a plate; press both sides of chicken breasts into flour mixture until well coated.
- Heat olive oil in a large frypan on medium high; add chicken, cook for 2 to 4 minutes per side until no longer pink inside; transfer to plate, cover and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium, add next 7 ingredients to same frypan; heat and stir scraping any brown bits from bottom until simmering.
- Stir second amount of broth into cornstarch in a small bowl; add to lemon juice mixture; heat and stir until simmering and thickened; reduce heat to medium low, return chicken to frypan; turn to coat both sides, cook for 1 to 2 minutes until heated through.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.