Delicious chicken quick and easy! Adapted from Company's Comming.
Make and share this Lemon Ginger Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 4 chicken breasts, halfs boneless, skinless
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup lemnon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard (I use 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- parsley (to garnish)
- Place chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound with mallet or rolling pin to 1/4 inch thickness; combine the next 3 ingredients on a plate; press both sides of chicken breasts into flour mixture until well coated.
- Heat olive oil in a large frypan on medium high; add chicken, cook for 2 to 4 minutes per side until no longer pink inside; transfer to plate, cover and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium, add next 7 ingredients to same frypan; heat and stir scraping any brown bits from bottom until simmering.
- Stir second amount of broth into cornstarch in a small bowl; add to lemon juice mixture; heat and stir until simmering and thickened; reduce heat to medium low, return chicken to frypan; turn to coat both sides, cook for 1 to 2 minutes until heated through.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
This is really full of flavor - and the sauce is easy. It was simple to plan for because I had everything already in my kitchen, except a lemon. The only real work is the pounding and flouring of the chicken, which isn't too bad. Thanks for posting this, I'll be making it again. It's perfect with brown rice.