Prep 12 mins
Cook 0 mins
Have a tickle in your throat you just can't shake? Sip on this tea that warms as it soothes.
- juice of half a lemon
- 14.79 ml honey
- 1.23 ml cayenne (can use up to 1/2 tsp if you want the heat)
- 14.79 ml fresh ginger
- 236.59 ml water
- Boil water.
- Peel and chop ginger into fine pieces.
- Add lemon, honey, cayenne and ginger to a mug.
- Top with boiling water and let steep for five to ten minutes, until the ginger is strong and aromatic.
- Stir well and enjoy while flipping through your favourite magazine.
I served this warm drink to my daughter who got a bad cold.
Her comments are: mega "cool", good idea and also really good!
She found out I used not only ginger, but also cayenne! And of coarse, we used honey form our bees!
We love this combination and this will be made again and again!
Thanks a lot for posting this!
I have a couple things to add. 1: DO NOT ADD THE LEMON FIRST. Boiling water will absolutely desroy all the enzymes and nutrition in the lemon. 2: For a little extra vitamin c and awesomeness, add some lemon zest.
Great drink, very satisfying! I love ginger and this is a great way to use it. Thanks!