Recipe by chia
these are delicious. and make a lovely gift. put some in a coffee mug and tie the recipe to the handle. this is from cooking light.
Top Review by Barb G.
Yummy Biscotti's, no fat, this is the first time that I have made biscotti's that didn't have either butter or oil in them. They have a nice lemon flavor with the hint of ginger, we love ginger. This recipe will go into my Biscotti cookbook. Thank you Chia.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 large eggs
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350 combine flour, sugar, baking soda, ginger and salt in a large bowl.
- stir in crystallized ginger.
- mix lemon rind, lemon juice and eggs together and stir into flour mixture.
- the dough will be crumbly.
- turn dough out to a lightly floured surface, knead 7-8 times.
- divide dough in half.
- shape each half into a log.
- spray a cookie sheet with non stick spray, place logs 6" apart.
- combine water and eggwhite and brush over tops.
- sprinkle with sugar.
- bake for 20 minutes.
- remove to a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes.
- slice each log diagonally into 3/4" slices.
- place back on baking sheet, upright.
- lower oven to 325.
- bake 20 minutes, remove to a wire rack, cool.